Tri-County Rural Electric Cooperative Scholarship
This scholarship offers accessible and future focused opportunities for students studying electrical technology. With a particular emphasis on inclusion of two-year technical certificate programming that supports current and future generations of students in electronic technology.
- Graduating senior from the following School Districts: Athens Area High School, Canton Area High School, Troy Area High School, Austin Area High School, Coudersport Area High School, Galeton Area High School, Northern Potter High School, Oswayo Valley High School, Cowanesque Valley High School, Williamson High School, Liberty High School, Mansfield High School, and Wellsboro Area School District.
- Applications may include graduating students of the before listed public schools, private schools, home schooled and non-traditional student (adult) so long as the applicant is a resident of the afore listed school district as of January 1st in the year of application.
- Pursuing a degree or certificate in electrical contracting, electrical technology, electrical engineering, line-man certification and other electrical utility careers as may be considered.
- Complete an essay (200-250 words, double spaced) on why you have chosen this career path and the reasons why you are qualified and deserving of the scholarship.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited technical school, university, or college in the United States.
- If you are a graduating senior, please submit a transcript of your grades and list of school-based activities as well as community volunteer activities.
- If you are NOT a graduating senior, please submit your resume and any volunteer activities along with (1) professional reference.
- Applicants must have demonstrated financial need.
Please E-mail your application in Word or PDF form to:
email@example.com no later than Thursday, March 31, 2022, by 5:00 pm.
Or Mail to:
Community Foundation for the Twin Tiers
104 W. Lockhart St, Sayre, PA 18840.
Mailed application must be postmarked no later than Thursday, March 31, 2022.
Mansfield University Scholarship
Tri-County and its partner cooperative, Claverack REC, have jointly endowed a scholarship that is awarded to a full-time student at Mansfield University who is a member of either Tri-County or Claverack or whose parents are members of either cooperative.
The scholarship winner receives scholarship funds every semester for up to eight semesters, provided he or she maintains full-time enrollment status at Mansfield University and meets specified academic standards.
The first scholarship was awarded in 2002. It is anticipated that a new student will be chosen to receive a scholarship annually, and additional scholarships will be considered as funds become available.
This form will be electronically submitted directly to Mansfield University
If you have questions or concerns, please use the following contact information:
71 South Main St.
Mansfield, PA 16933